quarta-feira, 28 de abril de 2010

Gizmodo: Why I've Replaced My iPhone's Music App With SoundHound - Soundhound - Gizmodo

Why I've Replaced My iPhone's Music App With SoundHound

Why I've Replaced My iPhone's Music App With SoundHound - Soundhound - Gizmodo: "Remember Midomi? It was a first-wave iPhone app that identified songs, hummed or recorded, via microphone. It's since grown into a much more ambitious app called SoundHound—ambitious enough to actually replace your iPhone's music app. Now, it's free.

SoundHound's music recognition feature is still prominently featured, and it still does its job. Unlike Shazam, it will hazard a guess at just about any tune thrown at it, whether it human or speaker-created, and it'll succeed most of the time. Quick tests from my music library had both Shazam and SoundHound correctly identifying the track, though SoundHound, which evaluates whether or not to submit the track to its servers at a series of intervals, rather than after single, set period, was often faster. Shazam's catalog did seem a bit deeper for more obscure tracks. But that's nothing new, really."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário